Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bedrest

So it's official now, I'm on bedrest. We spent this past Saturday at the hospital. My blood pressure spiked and I started to feel the pain in my chest. We called my mother at 3:00am to come over so we could go down to the hospital. After being monitored for several hours and having my blood work come back clean my doctor felt comfortable letting me come home. He said that he thinks I might visit the hospital a few more times before baby girl comes. I'm hoping to stay home as long as possible. Ben had a very hard time when he woke and we weren't here. I feel so conflicted wanted to be there for Ben and knowing I need to do what's best for me and baby at the same time.

To make matters worst this week, Ben has ended up getting sick and spent the evening at the after hours clinic with my husband. He came home on antibiotics, breathing treatments, and benadrly.

My wonderful MIL has stayed with me during the day to help with Ben. This too has been an adjustment. I'm not one for sitting and watching, plus I start to freak out if things are done differently then I usually do them. (I know I need to work on that!) I feel completely guilty watching her do my laundry and wash my dishes. My mother is coming over for Thursday and Friday and I think it might be easier to tell her how to do things.

I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have to blog before the baby comes but I will try to keep it updated as best as I can.

Please keep us in your prayers!! :)



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no! I'm glad you and baby are okay--but so sorry you got placed on bed rest :(

And I know exactly what you mean about wanting to do things your own way, lol! I get a little neurotic about my home...

xoxo

teachertofour said...

Hey susan, I will be praying for you. It will be a great oppportunity to learn how to be served as you are constantly serving your family. Soak it in...soon another little one will be with you! 8-) I was on bed rest for 4 weeks with the twins and it about drove me nuts...this too shall pass. Just think of it as a time to snuggle up with Ben and enjoy sometime with just him before she comes. He will be forever grateful! Hang in there! (if you are focused on hanging out with him, you will forget someone else is in the other (or same) room doing things differently! 8-)).

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I'm glad you all are okay...hoping the bed rest helps!

(PS You won my cinnabon giveaway...can you send me your address).

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

You take it easy...that's an order! Will be thinking about all of you and THANKS GOODNESS for your MIL!!