Friday, October 3, 2008

Check your pantry!

I was checking my email today and saw that I had a forward from a friend. Most of the time I delete forwards without reading because I HATE them. The subject peaked my interest and read it. The subject read "Pancake mix - also cake mixes, cookie mixes, etc..." I was shocked to read what it was about. It talked about how outdated pancake mix can kill you because it has yeast which over time develop spores. People can go into anaphylaxic shock resulting death. Here is the link that went with the email. Check your pantry!!



4 comments:

Blessings From Above said...

I received that email also. Crazy how that could happen. I am putting it on my to-do list now to check my pantry this weekend. Thanks for the reminder!

Diva Ma @ Mommy Fabulous said...

Good to know. I'm always sure to to all my 'best by' dates.

Carol said...

Wow that is terrifying. Good to know though.

Rick said...

Ok Thanks! Now I've got to worry about old cake too!?! I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. I'll have scary cake dreams.