Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Too Soon!

Look at that sweet face!! Too bad he isn't always that happy. I think that the terrible twos have come early!!! He is throwing and I mean "throwing" fits all the time. The biggest problem we are having is biting and hitting!!! As soon as he gets upset, he lashes out at me. The crying and screaming don't really bother me, it's the bodily harm. Does any one have and suggestion on what to do? We do timeout but he is sorry for 5 minutes and then starts all over again! What should I do when are out and this occurs? We had a full scale melt down in the check out line at Toys R' Us yesterday. The one where everyone is looking at you and is so happy that their kid isn't acting like that. I'm sure it was the first of many more wonderful moments.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

The battered and bruised mommy.

5 comments:

April O'neil said...

The only thing i can say is that kids do that yeah it may make you upset and want to cry but thats there way of showing they want more attention... I have tons of neices and nephews and they do that from
time to time. My neice right now shes one and is acting like shes in the terrible twos the screaming more like screaching and throwing things hitting and biteing...

Cammie said...

Hello from SITS..this stage....dont know why they call it terrible 2's....it starts before 2 and doesnt so much end till well into the 3s.....

Mandy said...

Hey...have you tried vinegar or something like tabasco sauce to spray into his mouth when he bites? My kids never bit (fits--OH YEAH BABY), but a friend said she tried these and they worked. Hope that helps!!

Tanya said...

Hey Susan,

I just read your note...when John was that age there were many days were it took all my energy to wrap my legs and arms around him to stop from hitting me. I started freaking...what is he going to be like when he is a teenager! A friend of mine told me a bit of advice that I will pass on to you...within a week...no more hitting! When he is doing something that needs discipline tell him to go to a certain place (for my kids it is our bed). Then you come in when you are ready and can assign whatever punishment, talk it through calmly what he did...etc. That way it gives you a chance to calm down and him as well before you tackle it. I hope it helps...whenever I start having any of those issues it is always because I have stop telling them to go to my room first. Sorry so long...hope it helps it did for me!

Tanya said...

Oh and about bitting...when nothing else works...my mom bit me and drew blood...I never bit again! 8-)